Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Apologies About the Shirling Post.

It seems that I was duped into writing the History of Shirling post yesterday. In a campaign of deceit and drinking I was egged on by a group of kilt wearing hooligans during a long and hazy night at the "pub". I can imagine these "Scotsmen" having quite the laugh at my expense for buying their incredible, yet tall, tale.

Shirling was not a strange, ancient sport from Scotland, but a comedy sketch from the program Kids in the Hall.




My bad. I will aim to serve you better in the future.

To make it up to you here are my top 5 Kids in the Hall sketches:

5. The I'm Crushing Your Head Guy.
"Not everyone deserves to have their head crushed, just 99.99999% of them." This is my life. Every day. Every hour. Every minute.

4. The Pit of Ultimate Darkness. "Eating soup in a fit of rage!" Simon and Hecubus rock in a dark, EVIL!, sort of way.

3. My Pen! We all know the pain and heartbreak of losing that perfect pen.

2. These are the Daves I Know.
I know some Daves and that makes this pretty funny.

1. The Bass Player.
Bass players are pretty funny. Not clown funny, but you know, funny.

No comments: