Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It's the Rally Duck

Damn Sky Sox almost threw a no-hitter last night. Lost it with one out in the 9th. Beat the Bees 8-2. Why did they play lights-out and then blow it? I blame this thing:
Just like Jaws only it's a blow-up duck and it's in a hot tub.
The team is pitching, hitting and doing all things baseball like gangbusters while the Rally Duck was floating in the World Famous Hot Tub, but butcher it all away after the duck left early to beat traffic ( I can't be 100% sure it was gone because I did not look up there in the 9th but it seems plausible and I need someone, or something, to blame for getting home after 1000pm when I really, really wanted to leave by 730pm. I had Pomeranz pitching at the perfect time, the light was right, I was going to get my shot! Nope. The only cloud we've seen in a week wandered by and destroyed any chance. I hated that cloud).

One of these days Cloud. One of these days...
Okay. Back to the Duck. The damn thing was mesmerizing. Just floating and circling, and circling and floating all night. Hell, I couldn't help looking back at it over and over again so I know the boys from Salt Lake were hella-distracted by it's hypnotic dance (their dugout was looking directly at the hot tub). I hear things like this are illegal in Utah, so this must have been like an extra trip to Las Vegas for them and got them so excited they couldn't hit, or pitch, but they did field pretty well, so at least they had going for them.

Fear the Rally Duck!  
Hopefully we will see the Rally Duck again. But he needs to show up in the 2nd or 3rd inning so I can leave early and not worry about no-hitters.


No comments: