Sunday, June 10, 2012

Manny-Apocalypse

What's happening in




Well, Saturday was Todd Helton bobblehead night!
I've always had the feeling Todd didn't like me...hmmm?
People love them bobbleheads! There is one already on eBay starting at $29.99, or buy it now for just $59.99 w/ free shipping! Wow! That's almost as cool as this thing (or not):
Photobucket
The horror! The horror!
It's got to be the legs, or the transition of the legs to the tomato body, or the lack of pants that push it over the normal, creepy mascot vibe into the 'get the hell away from me' mascot vibe. Let's just chalk this one up in the 'I Do Not Like That Thing' category okay? 

Hernan Iribarren makes a fine running catch
in front of the Sky Sox bullpen.
Kennil Gomez, standing, shows his appreciation.
Onto the game. Cats crushed the Sox 10-2. Cats always crush the Sox. The RiverCats are a damn good baseball team. And Manny Ramirez was a 40 year old Manny Ramirez. Going 1 for 6 with a weak single to rightfield.

Manny singles to right even while playing with a cat trapped under his helmet.
Manny watches one of his 'foul' balls.
Just when I think I get my shot of the season (see the Why I shoot Post) I stumble on a better one the very next day...

The Zombie Manny-Apocalypse is upon us!

No comments: